Effective Date: February 17, 2009
Last Reviewed: February 17, 2009
1. The speed limit on campus shall be 20 miles per hour. The Chief of Police may issue an order temporarily reducing the speed of vehicles on campus if he or she believes it necessary for the safety or control of the campus.
2. At the discretion of the Chief of Police, “live parking” (a driver in the car capable of moving the car if necessary) will be allowed in front of residence halls for pick-up and delivery only, not to exceed a period of ten minutes.
3. Any vehicle blocking the flow of traffic will be cited. The vehicle may be towed at the owner’s expense
4. Any vehicle on campus must be legally registered in the owner’s state and must be covered by a minimum of $5,000/$10,000 of liability insurance.
5. Yellow parking stalls are reserved for specific administrative and staff personnel. Any unauthorized cars found parked in these stalls will be ticketed and subject to tow at the owner’s expense. No parking or standing is allowed in front of buildings not accessible by roadways. The Chief of Police may allow access vehicle access to certain walkways or access routes for the purpose of accommodating an individual with a disability.
6. Without the permission of the Chief of Police, parking is not allowed on grassed areas, access roads and streets, circle areas in front of buildings, the sides of buildings, the confines of any courtyard area, or any other area not designated as a parking area.
7. Approved Parking Areas: The Chief of Campus Police in consultation with the Director of Facilities Management shall maintain and publish a list of designated parking areas on campus.