Effective Date: June 20, 2023
Last Reviewed: June 20, 2023
State regulations mandate that every student who registers in nine or more Stonehill College credits during any session or semester enroll in a qualifying student health insurance program or in a personal health benefit plan with comparable coverage.
- At the beginning of each academic year, all students enrolled in nine or more credits are billed for insurance coverage under the Stonehill College Accident and Sickness Insurance policy.
- Coverage extends from August 11 to July 31 and is provided through a private insurance carrier.
- This premium may be waived only when the College receives the completed Insurance Waiver – available online -- attesting to coverage under another plan. (Insurance information for students who enroll after the fall semester will be enclosed with the spring bill.)
- State law requires that all waivers contain date of birth, insurance company name, policy number, and the subscriber’s name.
- No credit can be issued, or premiums refunded for waivers received after the waiver deadline. The third-party provider will not issue any refunds to any student leaving during the semester.
*Series change, previously G6.22